4.4.09

The UK Is My Home

I don't recall the last time I was in London, has it really been that long? I am almost too comfortable here. In 1987 I spent the summer in Ireland. A year later I lived in Grantham for six months. After Slint broke up I went to art college in Norwich for a year. Did so many UK and European tours with Palace Brothers, Tortoise, Stereolab, Royal Trux, Aerial M, Papa M, Bonny 'Prince' Billy, Zwan, Slint... I love my English friends and family but my heart is in Ireland and Scotland. Virgin Atlantic is great but overall another hellish journey ho ho ho.

2 comments:

Lord Horatio said...

You know, I lived in London for a few months. Didn't love it as much as I thought I would. Also the exchange rate is still so bad. Went to Scotland for a weekend though, very beautiful, but unfortunately it was a snappy trip so I didn't get to let it soak in so much.

SC said...

Glad to hear you like Ireland so much. Growing up and living your whole life here makes you forget how great it actually is.